Saturday, July 26, 2008

Did You Lose A Pie?


I recently lost my keys at Blues on the Green, here in Austin. On a whim, and nearly two weeks after the free concert (Los Lonely Boys, by the way, so maybe worth the lost keys), I decided to check Craigslist. Ta da! Found them! Apparently lost keys aren't all that are posted on Craigslist. Did you happen to lose a pie? LOL

Found pie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-764719730@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-07-21, 10:37PM CDT

FOUND: a pie, on a bench, in Zilker Park, today. I looked to see if someone was nearby, but there wasn't. I'm not sure who would leave a pie in the park, but there it was.

It appears to be a pistachio cream pie with a pretty tall mound of whipped cream on top. One slice was missing, perhaps an eighth of the pie. I did not take the slice. I'm sorry if you left a whole pie. Perhaps a less honest person found it before me and helped themself to a slice of the pistachio cream pie.

If you can identify the color of the tag the pie was wearing, you may claim it.


I don't know about you, but I sure have a hankerin' for some pistachio cream pie.

4 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ha!! That is too funny. Have some real honest souls around your parts, Sandra! I NEVER knew you could find things like LOST KEYS on craigslist...go figure!!

Lisa said...

Ha! Austin Craig's List ROCKS.

(I love pistachio ice cream with hot fudge on top...man that photo makes me crave some.)

Karin said...

I have never even heard of Pistachio Cream Pie! What bakery was it from? That's hysterical!

PS Whoo Hoo for the keys!

Amber Cargile said...

As I have said before...Only in Austin! That is hysterical! All I know is next time I visit, you better not pull out a frozen pistachio pie for dessert...