Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mission Impossible?


I know I keep teasing about posting pics of my 12-year-old daughter's room, but truth be told, it's not finished. I'm ready to finish the room, but she's wanted a lazy summer. Fine.

When I saw this week's Target ad, my head started swimming with all sorts of fun ideas, and I've decided to open up the ideas to friends and fellow bloggers. This week's mission, should you accept it, is to create a teen/pre-teen room, using only furniture and decor from catalogs and the internet. Your budget is $1000, including shipping. (We won't count tax, since that varies from state to state). If you're in, send me your link by Monday, August 25th to be included. Posts must include pics of your chosen items, as well as prices, including what the shipping would be.

Feel free to share the idea with fellow bloggers. It'll be fun to see what everyone comes up with, and exciting to find out about some internet decor sources we might not already be familiar with!

9 comments:

Karin said...

I have decor ADD. Have you seen my dining room walls? I'm not somebody you want to unleash a budget on. But I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

sandra/tx said...

Karin, you can SO do this! I have decor ADD, too. Why do you think I keep going back and forth with what to show on my blog? LOL Come on and play with us!

dec0r8or said...

Oh, I spent WAY too long yesterday working on this! I'm loving it! THanks for a fun idea, Sandra, and you can count me in! I'll send you the link when I'm ready to go!

sandra/tx said...

That's why I gave us a week to turn in the assignment. I need the weekend to play on it!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ok...count Olivia and I in! Hopefully.

ps...made your brownies. Simple, smelled delish...were cooling and the overly tall Bozo of a dog had a taste...a BIG taste. Blechh!!

dec0r8or said...

Hey, love the new background! It's making me hungry for chocolate, though. I did some more virtual shopping yesterday for my teen room. I think I'll do a promotional blog post on it today too.

sandra/tx said...

Thanks, Linda and Sharon, for participating in the Mission. Can't wait to see what y'all come up with.

Linda, I hope y'all liked the brownies as much as Bozo did. LOL

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

This is a great idea! I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with! -Julia

Alicia said...

I love your new background! Wish I had time to work on your project but right now I don't. BTW..what's happened to GI? I can't access...

Will check back later to see all the designs by the talented bloggers.