Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mission Impossible Update

Just a few clarifications for all you daring participants in this week's Mission Impossible. The $1000 includes furniture, bedding, rugs, lighting -- anything you'd need to outfit a teen's room. The room can be for a boy or a girl, and that boy or girl can be real or fictitious.

You can use any online sources, including CL and Ebay, as long as you include pricing and shipping/delivery, if necessary.

I may include my daughter's "real" room along with the room I'd like for her to have.

Have fun creating your virtual room!

Edited to add: A mattress set, two sleep pillows and one set of plain, white sheets are included with your room -- outside the $1000. Included in the $1000: fabric, bedding, window treatments, lighting, furniture, rugs, and accessories. You have an additional $200 to spend on paint, primer, additional bed pillows, drapery hardware, sewing notions, such as trim and pillow inserts (fabric is included in the initial $1000), lamp shade, candles, wood, tools, etc. All of those things can be sourced locally. Will that make things a little easier? I have to say, this is a little harder than I thought it would be, and I'm a girl who decorates on a budget!

Don't forget sources like Overstock, Spiegel, Wal Mart, Sam's, World Market, Penney's, Home Decorators, Lowe's, Home Depot, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Urban Outfitters, and Pier 1.

3 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Beach Boys concert. How great that you had just visited the Biltmore!
Penny

Lisa said...

Hey, I just wanted to say I like your brown polka dotted graphics on you blog page. :-) You are gettin' good at this girl. ;-)

Lisa said...

Oooh, I have a plan now for your mission imposible. Hope I can get it done by Monday! It'll be what I wish I would do in Daniel's room...