Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Home of the Week -- Foothills Terrace


Every now and then, I run across a home for sale that is such a gem. This week's home is one of those. From the bones of the home itself to the finishes and interior design -- pure eye candy.

Nestled on half an acre in the middle of west Austin yet very secluded, this Mediterrean home blends right in with its surroundings. It's unpretentious yet really gorgeous, inside and out. (as always, click on pics for larger views).
























Did you notice the venetian plaster walls in the foyer? Gorgeous!

I was hoping the MLS listing would say what the kitchen island countertop is. It sort of looks like concrete, and with its mottled finish, it also resembles galvanized metal. I can't imagine a home like that having a metal counter in the kitchen, but this is Austin, and nothing should surprise us.

I love the master bedroom. While I'm a little over plates on the wall, the plate arrangement above the bed works. I really wish there were more pics of that room and that other bedrooms were shown, as well.

Here's the skinny on the house:

Five bedrooms
Five full baths and two half baths
Five living areas
Pool, spa and cabana

And it all can be yours for a cool $4.5 million. Or we can take a few notes and recreate the look for less in our own homes. :-)

15 comments:

White cotton grass said...

I wouldn't mind a pool area like that!
I think I need to win on the lottery this week... :)

Nola said...

The outside spaces are my fav! I think I can reproduce the look of the plate display over the bed for free; I just need to get all my antique plates together.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Oooooh That WAS a beaut Sandra....and all so familiar looking. Perhaps I'm getting used to the Austin aesthetic?!

I LOVE those wall of windows with the doors...and must say that limestone bathroom with the shower bench was unique and refreshing.

4.5...is that all? I'll try and scrape it up!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It is beautiful. I love how light and airy it looks.

Louise said...

I love the exterior, and the interior is kinda sorta okay, I'd take it!

Bridget said...

Talk about curb appeal. This house is oozing it.
I'm afraid this one is just a wee bit out of my price range though.

Anonymous said...

Divine! I love all the fireplaces. But like all these million dollar dwellings way too big for my taste.

Mindy said...

Ok. I sooo dwelled upon the island countertop, as well! Great place. ~Mindy

Becca Watson said...

Very pretty!

Martha said...

This house truly is a gem. Dream Home!!

Anonymous said...

~~~ First, JONI posts that FAB house, & now you!!! THAT DOES IT!!! ~~~ We are packing up, leaving the AZ desert n' moving to TX (we lived near Austin once, many years ago~ I loved it!)~~~ The homes available are too wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing! Best, Linda in AZ

The Stricklands said...

This is truly a beautiful home. Even the outside lighting is lovely. Thanks for leaving Facebook long enough to show us this one! :)

cotedetexas said...

OMG - that is one of those houses that I got busted over - remember the coach's house ????? and the other one????? this is the builder's house - omg omg omg.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Ooooo, Ahhhh, what a beautiful house!

SarahWhite said...

I hate it. Hate it! Hate it that it isn't my house! Love the plates in the bedroom...I've done something similar in my bedroom.

Gorgeous! Thanks Sandra. :)