I've been tagged by sweet blogger friend Jerri Lynn at Southern Sassiness . Now, I have to tell seven weird or random things about myself.
1) I can wiggle my nose. And my ears.
2) I like to paint. Walls, furniture, trim. I find it therapeutic.
3) I used to sing and sometimes even got paid for it. In college, I sang in a trio with two other talented girls, and we went all over the Texas Panhandle, singing contemporary Christian music. Our group broke up when the second soprano's husband decided to go to seminary.
4) My least favorite job ever was when I worked as office manager for a female psychiatrist. I'm not proud of the fact that I only worked there nine months, but it was longer than any of the previous office managers had stayed. I don't know who needed psychiatric intervention more -- this lady or her patients. Even I was about ready to see a psychiatrist by the time I quit working for her.
5) I was almost in one of Dennis Quaid's first movies. I started college near Dallas, partly so I could do some modeling. I went on a casting call for a bit part in a movie called "Tough Dreams". I didn't get the part, but the casting director did want me to be an extra. I had to decline, because filming was the week of spring finals.
6) I worked on one of Vince Gill's first videos, "Never Knew Lonely". (Sorry about that video. There's just 12 secs of it on YouTube -- weird!) I used to be the director of tourism development for the Amarillo CVB, and part of my job was overseeing the Amarillo Film Office. I scouted locations, and once the video started shooting, I kind of worked as a production assistant.
Part of the shoot was in a little town west of Amarillo called Vega. During one of the breaks, Vince gave me a hug and kind of dipped me. The location was across from the town's cafe, and the townspeople would sit inside and watch the filming. After that hug, many of them came over wanting to meet me. They thought I was his wife! LOL
7) I once shared an elevator with Kenny Rogers. I found him to be very nice and personable.